The Dentistry, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Service at the CARE Centre specializes in the treatment of diseases of the oral cavity and head. Dr. Campbell is the only residency trained Board Certified Specialist in Dentistry and Oral Surgery in the province of Alberta. His subspeciality interest includes maxillofacial oncologic surgery (jaw resection to treat cancer), maxillofacial trauma and reconstruction, cleft lip and palate repair, salivary gland resection and maxillofacial diagnostic imaging. Dr. Campbell enjoys all aspects of advanced dentistry, including complex exodontia (extractions), root canal treatments and orthodontics.
Our state-of-the-art oral surgery suite is one of the most technologically advanced in the country. We are equipped with a piezoelectric oral surgery unit, a dental operating microscope, engine driven endodontic equipment, craniomaxillofacial bone plating equipment, bone grafting technologies, in addition to advanced imaging (CT and MRI) and traditional dental radiography. We strive to provide our patients with the highest level of care and expertise, equivalent to what is provided to human patients. Our 24-hour care, multi-specialty facility allows us to treat medically compromised and high-risk anesthetic patients that require more resources than are available in the general practice setting.
The Oral Surgery Team works closely with your family veterinarian and other specialists to provide comprehensive care to your four-legged family member.
Consultation with the Dentistry & Oral Surgery Service is available via referral from your primary care veterinarian.
Dental Procedures: Periodontal, endodontic, prosthodontic
• Professional dental cleaning with dental radiographs
• Complicated exodontia including full-mouth extractions
• Root canal therapy
• Vital pulp therapy
• Guided tissue regeneration
• Gingivectomy and gingivoplasty
• Crowns and restorations
• Orthodontic treatment
• Crown lengthening procedures for fractures extending below the gum line
• Treatment of medically compromised patients and high-risk anesthetic patients
Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery:
• Maxillofacial trauma management; jaw fracture repair; soft tissue reconstruction
• Cleft palate repair
• Oronasal fistula repair
• Oncologic surgery (maxillectomy, mandibulectomy, soft tissue) and reconstruction
• Facial plastic and reconstructive surgery
• Salivary gland excision (sialoadenectomy)
• Lymph node excision
• Elongated soft palate resection for brachycephalic airway disease
• Computed tomography (CT) scan
• Lymph node and mass aspirate
• Management of oral diseases (masticatory muscle myositis, stomatitis, TMJ disorders)
• Radiograph interpretation for referring veterinarians