Pet emergencies can be scary for any family. Being prepared for emergencies is the best plan to ensure your pet can receive prompt care.
Here are a few tips for preparing for pet emergencies:
- Stop by our hospital and pick up an emergency wallet card. This will have all your information available in the event you have pets at home and are unable to return to them.
- Ensure you keep your pet’s information and veterinary information with other important documents.
- Note pet identification such as tattoo number or microchip ID
- Keep vaccination records with important documents
- Add your veterinarian to any list of emergency contacts such as your physician, fire dept, police dept, poison control etc.
- Prepare an emergency kit for your pets. The Red Cross provides a great list of items to include.
- Always have a leash, harness or secure carrier for your pet for easy transport